Our last two months of development have been spent polishing 1.6.0 and fixing as many remaining bugs as we could find. We've tackled numerous performance issues and fixed many bugs people have reported.
Mixxx 1.6.0 has been in development for almost a year now, and earlier this month we decided to start wrapping up development. Beta 4 will be our last beta release, and we're hoping to release 1.6.0 final within the next couple of weeks. The 1.6.0 release will also mark a change in our development process, so that we can both improve the quality of new features and ensure more frequent releases. I'd like to write more on this after the 1.6.0 release to help give Mixxx fans some insight into how our development process works.
Back to Beta 4 in the meantime though - Here's our list of improvements since Beta 3:
- Completely rewritten waveform view by Russell Ryan through Google Summer of Code. This will provide better performance for some users.
- Slick sliding VU meter peaks - Screenshots don't do this justice (download it and check it out).
- Added the new Natt skin, from Natt from the forums.
- Fixed some play queue bugs.
- Some very under-the-hood improvements that should fix the odd crash-at-startup and improve performance.
- Fixed keyboard cue keys to use whatever cue behaviour is selected in the preferences.
- MP3 parsing fixes for files with cover art (fixes blips at the start of some songs)
- OGG parsing improvements, fixes some library scanning problems
- Fixed OGG playback on Intel OS X machines
- Completed drag-and-drop support in the library. You can now import tracks to the library by drag-and-dropping a track from outside Mixxx onto the library view. You can also reorder tracks in a playlist or the library.
- Added support for the Vestax VCI-100
- Hercules MK2 improvements
- Disabling the BPM detection works as advertised now.
- Improved vinyl control behaviour near the start of the vinyl.
We plan to have the 1.6.0 final out within the next few weeks, as mentioned earlier. In the meantime, stay tuned and download Mixxx 1.6.0 Beta 4 to tide you over!